Best kebab in Manchester – Persian Tasty Grill in Levenshulme

Grilled chicken kebab persian tasty grill

Manchester Is Ace’s rules to kebabs

1. Never ever get a doner meat kebab from the ‘elephant’s foot’. Don’t fool yourself, it’s not meat. It is most probably floor scrapings of body parts.

2. Stick with something grilled – obviously it’s slightly healthier but more importantly it’s freshly cooked

3. When it comes to sauces, more is better. Get it all. You want yoghurt sauce, mango chutney and chilli sauce.

4. Make sure it’s on a nan. This is never a problem in Manchester as all kebabs are served on a nan bread, or something similar. In other cities you’re more likely to get it served on a pitta bread, which is about a quarter of the size. Beware.

5. If you can go somewhere with a clay oven, do it for an all round better taste. Yum!

Click to read full review of Persian Tasty Grill on Stockport Road, Levenshulme

Persian tasty grill salad2

PERSIAN TASTY GRILL REVIEWED

Well I never thought I’d be writing an enthusiastic blog post about kebabs. Especially sitting here in my jim-jams waiting for Celebrity Big Brother (can’t believe I’ve been sucked into BB – how dire).

Here we go – The Persian Tasty Grill takeaway on Stockport Road is THE best place to get a chicken tikka kebab. Now I do not declare this on a whim. Some serious thought and research has gone into this wild claim.Persian Tasty Grill Levenshulme

I was introduced to these delights by my husband who has managed to convince me of their nutritional value, healing properties and all round goodness. He has been sampling the delights of kebabs all over South Manchester for around six years now. Previous to this my only experience of the ‘bab was someone at university buying me doner meat and chips and me being thoroughly disgusted.

The Tasty Grill opened fairly recently and was flagged up by Kebab Boy because it has a clay oven. This is very important.

For anyone who is not familiar with the Manchester kebab, you get a nan bread, grilled marinated chicken and then it’s smothered in salad and sauce. Oh yeah. At the Persian Tasty Grill, they also do grilled whole chickens and a grill special which consists of four lamp chops, kobeda (spicy minced lamb, I think) and chicken tikka. I can’t actually imagine anyone being that hungry, although I will definitely have to order it one day!

Here are three reasons why Persian Tasty Grill is superior:

1. They put marinated onions in the clay oven with the chicken and they are delicious
2. They give you salad and sauces separately so you can apply them to your own specification
3. It is a specialist kebab shop – these guys are experts!

TO SAMPLE:
Persian Tasty Grill, 879 Stockport Road, Levenshulme, Manchester, M19 3PW
Tel: 0161 248 8263

INFO: free delivery within three miles, btwn 5pm and 12midnight. Minimum order £8.

10 Comments

• Jon Denison
    January 30, 2009 - 6:43 pm | Permalink

Do you really think these kebab’s are better than those from Abduls on Wilmslow Road? If it is true then I really must visit!

• February 4, 2009 - 8:49 am | Permalink

Turkish Delight in Chorlton. ’nuff said.

• Carolyn @ manchesterisace
    February 4, 2009 - 10:29 am | Permalink

Me thinks there’s a challenge here. I will attempt to sample the Turkish Delight and report back.
    I think I have been to Abduls on Wilmslow Road after drunken nights out few years back when husband was still a student. I liked it, but still maintain my claims!
    Carolyn

• Martin
    February 16, 2009 - 9:39 pm | Permalink

TURKISH DELIGHT WAS THE SHOUT AMAZINNNNN!!!

• Shafiqullah
    May 6, 2009 - 3:43 pm | Permalink

Yes no need to exagerate just go to persian tasty grill and try the best kebabs like chicken kebab on the bone and kobeda, chicken tika, lamb chops,chillo kebab(lamb steaks freshly grilled infront of you with special rice and dont forget to get your mama sauce with dat.
    if you have the Qabily pilow(special roasted Afghani pilow) from there you wont regret going there.the Greek salad looks fantastic.
    if you have chicken tika with nan bread try some homus with that then you dont even need any sauce because the kebabs are clay ovened so its juisy.

• August 25, 2009 - 11:40 am | Permalink

i love your food

• December 3, 2009 - 10:28 am | Permalink

I love Kebap and it is good to get this information, because I will be in Manchester in January!
    I am going to the Kebap house and I will try it!
    Hope that is as good as the description in this blog!

• Crox
    September 22, 2010 - 3:12 pm | Permalink

Better than any Abdul’s.
    Same or even better grill quality as the Turkish kebap /Venus supermarket, but cheaper.
    Double Kobeda is a total bargain!!!

• May 24, 2011 - 9:48 pm | Permalink

truly informative facts, warm regards

• Fox
    September 22, 2011 - 11:05 pm | Permalink

Persian Tasty Grill is by far the best kebab place in Manchester area. Perfect meat. Well cooked and well served. Forget all the other places.